Servicing Frozen Pipes Near You
Most Indianapolis winters bring freezing temperatures that will not only keep you indoors, but can also cause major problems for the inside of your home, even if it is warm and is well insulated. One of the more common problems to occur in an Indianapolis home this winter is frozen pipes.
A burst pipe can occur suddenly and cause severe damage. The damage can become much more extensive the longer the standing water is in your home. When a pipe freezes, it will not only affect the structure of your home, but it can affect the contents inside as well. Luckily, ServiceMaster DSI has five easy steps to minimize the damage after a pipe freezes in your home.
- The first thing you will want to do is turn off the water in your home and open the faucets. This will allow the pipes to breathe a little and relieve air pressure.
- Safely turn off the electricity in your home to treat the affected areas.
- Reach out to ServiceMaster DSI if you are unable to contain the leak.
- Present your insurance agent with photographs and a written summary of what happened.
- Attempt to extract as much water as you can. If this does not work, contact a water removal and restoration company like ServiceMaster DSI to alleviate the damage.
Mold and mildew can grow in your home if the water damage is not taken care of quickly. Another possible risk for homeowners is warped flooring that can result in intrusive construction. The ServiceMaster DSI water teams can be trusted to restore your home and peace of mind. We offer full water extraction as part of our water damage restoration services, as well as sanitation and construction to fully restore your living space.
Reach out to ServiceMaster DSI today with any questions or concerns about frozen pipes. Call us at (317) 559-2231 or by filling out a Service Request Form online.